Welcome!

This blog is aimed at professionals and learners who seek excellence and are tireless in learning more and more... Here you will find classroom management tips, teacher development issues, a myriad of class activities to enhance your lesson plan and useful vocabulary tips. Many thanks for your visit!!



sexta-feira, 31 de maio de 2019

How to write a formal letter for FCE?

Hi everyone!

As I said in my previous post, today I will talk about another type of writing commonly asked in FCE: FORMAL LETTER

Dear Mr/Ms (surname)  -  Dear Sir/Madam  -  Dear Sir or Madam,
Reason for writing
I am writing to …
I am writing with regard to …
I am writing on behalf of …
Asking questions
I would be grateful if …
I wonder if you could …
Could you …? Could you tell me something about …?
I would particularly like to know …
I would be interested in having more details about …
Referring to their letter
As you stated in your letter, …
Regarding … Concerning … With regard to …
Complaining
I am writing to complain about …
You said … but in fact what happened …
We were supposed to stay with British families whereas we actually stayed in a guest house.
Closing
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Please contact me if you have any further questions.
Signing off
Yours sincerely, (If you started with 'Dear + surname') or Yours faithfully, (If you started with 'Dear Sir/Madam') 
    First name + surname

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário